Cacao Orange Tart Recipe
Cacao Orange Tart: OMG this recipe is incredible! Regardless of what kind of snacker you are, I’m almost 1000% certain this will get you prepping your tart pans, your mixing bowls and baking paraphernalia. We are all too familiar with the chocolate tart, and chances are you’ve already tried many variations of it, but wait ‘til you try this Cacao Orange Tart.
For the filling:
- 75g dates
- zest 2 oranges, juice of 1
- 50g coconut oil
- 175g clear honey
- 140g Ceremonial Grade Cacao (reserve an extra for dusting)
For the crust:
- 100g coconut oil
- 140g ground almonds
- 175g desiccated coconut
- 2 ½ tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- To start making our Cacao Orange Tart, place the dates in a bowl covered with boiling water and leave to soak for 20 mins.
- While waiting, mix all the ingredients for the crust in a food processor/blender until combined. Tip the mixture into a 23cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tin, spread it evenly across the base, and push into the fluted sides. Cover with cling film and put inside your fridge while you make the filling.
- Drain the dates and put in a blender with the zest and juice of 1 orange, coconut oil, honey, and cacao. Mix together until it becomes smooth.
Get the crust from your fridge and scrape the mixture into it. Smooth with the back of a spoon and let it cool for at least 1 hr. Remove it from the fridge after 10 minutes. Finally, before serving your Cacao Orange Tart, sprinkle with the remaining orange zest and extra cacao