Raw Cacao Cake (Vegan)
Raw Cacao Cake (Vegan): Can’t get enough raw vegan cakes? If you have been used to all that saccharinity (excess love) towards the chocolate cake. This is a must-try! Let me introduce you to Raw Cacao Cake, the dessert that might just give you a healthy balance in regard to your desires and your health.
- 2 cups cashews
- 40 g Tribal Moon Ceremonial Grade Cacao
- 1 cup water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup dates
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1 ½ cup Dates
- Grind walnuts into powder in a food processor or blender, add the dates, and keep processing until it all starts to stick together.
- Press into the bottom of a springform cake pan or adjustable pan. Put it in your fridge.
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth, thick and creamy. It should be the consistency of yogurt. If it’s watery; add more dates, coconut oil, or nuts. If it’s too thick; add more water or maple syrup.
- Pour onto your crust and let it sit overnight.
- Slice and Share the magic!
IMPORTANT CACAO PREPARATION NOTES:
Depending on what type of recipe you are creating, we always try and prepare cacao in the easiest possible way with the greatest amount of care. So here are a few helpful hints on how to do that.
1.)If you need the cacao in more of a powder-type form for your recipe, just blitz larger chunks of Tribal Moon Cacao in a Nutri-Bullet, Thermomix, or Food Processor for 10 seconds. Then it is all ready to go without needing to chop or grate it. Easy 🙂
2.)If you need to turn your cacao into more of a liquid type of consistency, simply pour boiling hot water into a pot with the cacao and stir over heat until it melts. NEVER LEAVE THE CACAO as if begins to get hot. If it starts to steam, that is as hot as you want to get. Try to NEVER RAISE the temperature of the cacao above 87 Degrees Celsius as it will lose some of its medicinal qualities.
Have fun 🙂