Cacao and Maca Oat Cookies
Cacao and Maca Oat Cookies: Are you on the go for breakfast and need a healthy option? Have a perfect taste of our super Tribal Moon Ceremonial Grade Cacao added with maca and oat to help you on the go! This is the perfect mix if you are on the go, Cacao and Maca Oat Cookies.
- 30 g dried dates
- One very ripe banana
- Oats 1 cup
- 1 ½ tsp maca powder
- 40g Tribal Moon Ceremonial Grade Cacao
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan)
- Add the dates to a bowl and put boiling water on it. Have it soaked for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana until the are no chunks, paste-like texture.
- After soaking the dates for 5min, put them in a mini blender with a tablespoon of the liquid, and process until it becomes a rough, chunky texture.
- Add the blended dates, oats, maca, Tribal Moon Ceremonial Grade Cacao, and maple syrup to the banana and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon onto a lined cookie sheet and press into round shapes.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes, until firm.
- Share and Enjoy the magic!
IMPORTANT CACAO PREPARATION NOTES:
Depending on what type of recipe you are creating, we always try and prepare cacao in the easiest possible way with the greatest amount of care. So here are a few helpful hints on how to do that.
1.)If you need the cacao in more of a powder-type form for your recipe, just blitz larger chunks of Tribal Moon Cacao in a Nutri-Bullet, Thermomix, or Food Processor for 10 seconds. Then it is all ready to go without needing to chop or grate it. Easy 🙂
2.)If you need to turn your cacao into more of a liquid type of consistency, simply pour boiling water into a pot with the cacao and stir over heat until it melts. NEVER LEAVE THE CACAO as it begins to get hot. If it starts to steam, that is as hot as you want to get. Try to NEVER RAISE the temperature of the cacao above 87 Degrees Celsius as it will lose some of its medicinal qualities.
Have fun 🙂