- 400ml full fat coconut milk from a can (1 can)
- 200g pitted dates ( between 3/4 and 1 cup)
- 80g Tribal Moon Ceremonial Grade Cacao
You can melt the cacao with some hot water and stir, (you do not need to grate or but it) not boiling water, but very hot (almost boiling) is fine, it cools to below 87c very quickly and will not effect the strength of the cacao.
- Soak the dates in the coconut milk in a jug for at least 2 hours (or overnight). This makes the dates soft and easy to blend.
- When ready add the Tribal moon cacao to the jug.
- Use a hand blender, jug blender or food processor to blend together until creamy smooth.
- Pour into a container (I use a glass loaf tin for this) and then pop into the freezer.
- Freeze for a few hours to get a perfect ice cream texture.
- You can leave as long as you want. After a few hours, the ice cream will become harder – in which case, the best way to serve is to take out of the freezer and leave at room temperature until it is nicely scoopable (which is normally after about 20 minutes, depending on the temperature).