- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 70g Tribal Moon Ceremonial Grade Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) warm water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) canola oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
You can melt the cacao with some hot water and stir, (you do not need to grate or but it) not boiling water, but very hot (almost boiling) is fine, it cools to below 87c very quickly and will not effect the strength of the cacao.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line 18 muffin cups with paper or silicone liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, Tribal Moon Cocoa , baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla with a whisk. Add the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth.
- With a 45 ml (3 tablespoons) ice cream scoop, spoon the batter into the cups. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.